OST plays a significant role when connectivity with Exchange server fails to lose. OST file help to work on MS® Outlook while internet connectivity is slow or when connection is lost forever. As soon as connection is formed with Exchange, OST file gets automatically updated in Exchange user account. On some occasions an error by OST further cause hurdles. When you start Outlook, you will find an error message such as:
OST is not an Outlook data file or Cannot open your default email folder. The file C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\ME.OST is not an Outlook data file (.ost)
Why Error appear? The reasons causing above mentioned error are as follows:
- OST files are damaged because it failed to be recognized by Outlook
- MS Outlook failed to access Exchange mailbox or cannot synchronize mailbox with OST file.
How to resolve error?
- First of all, exit Outlook. Then go to Control Panel
- Press Mail. Then move to Mail Setup dialogue box
- Press Show Profiles and then choose profile name
- Select Properties and then move to Email tab and choose Exchange
- Press Change and choose Use Cached Exchange Mode check Box
- Go to More Settings and after that move to Advanced.
- Then press Offline Folder File
- Again move to Settings and then click Disable Offline
- This will lead to display of the dialogue box and then press ‘yes’
- Again move to Offline Folder File Settings and press OK
- Click Next and press Yes
- Go to Cached Exchange Mode Settings and choose checkbox
- Use Use Cached Exchange Mode and then press ‘OK’
- Click Next >>Finish>> Press Close
Issues with manual steps: The above mentioned steps may solve the error but in case of any complexities, you may discard the method. The process is too long to manage. Being time consuming, it may lead to pose severe challenges thus try to be away from such a process. Another crucial thing that one should consider is that manual method may cause loss to data and thus not recommended. Suppose you skip some step in between then it may lead to long lasting issues. Thus try to be away from such methods and seek quick to perform software tool rather than using Outside tool. If you are technically trained then you may proceed with the process otherwise go for some other way out such as third-party software tool.
Resolve OST is not an Outlook data file error through Professional tool: As an automated, quick, and easy to operate solution, you can use OST to PST Converter application. This software will convert all the OST data such as emails, contacts, tasks, journals, attachments into PST file. You will be at high ease while employing the steps of the application. You may experience the working of the tool in free trial run and after getting familiar with the features can move further.
Visit Product’s Page: http://dakontools.com/ost/